Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3/30/2010 Random Happenings at the Halletts

I don't think I ever mentioned that I have the best in-laws in the world! They watched our two silly children last weekend so Cody and I could have a weekend to ourselves. Sunday morning Cody made me blueberry pancakes and it was so quiet in the house it was awkward (in a good way!). Cody and I had a great time going shopping, watching Alice in Wonderland in 3D, eating at the Melting Pot (so romantic!), and the best part was sleeping in! So a huge thanks to Chuck and Sharon for taking the kids!

This week we are trying to finish up the pantry shelves and gear up for camping this weekend. Cody has taught me how to drill, sand, and today I taught myself to stain the shelving. Yay for new skills!

Another ongoing project for me is daintying up the house. In the past I've only been concerned with the utilitarian aspect of our home but now that we have our very own home, I'm trying to make it useful as well as beautiful. My latest challenge has been the children's bathroom. I want it to have an earthy tone to it and while shopping at a thrift store (DI) I found some pots that I thought would be great in there. Then I saw this post on a website that I sometimes frequent and knew it was perfect for the bathroom. I tried it out and here are the results:





I think it adds a lovely, earthy tone for 50 cents a pot and a handful of wheat! And by the way, they grew to that length in just a week - quite a quick result!

2 comments:

  1. You can eat it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but how does it taste? I let Eva be the judge of that and she spit it out!

    ReplyDelete