Thursday, September 23, 2010

Things That Work

I've been thinking of things that don't work at our house. (And I don't mean appliances that are broken.) Reason being to figure out how to make them work. That got depressing. So, to lift my spirits, I decided to make a list of things that DO work around here. Here we go:

Going at our own pace with homeschooling.
Beginning of summer I thought Wesley would never read. Now that he's had a few months to mature, he's reading words with short vowels and I'm ecstatic!

Memorizing scriptures and hymns. As part of our morning meetings, we work on memorizing a scripture or hymn each week. This helped enormously when the children needed to memorize their parts for the Primary Program. They had them memorized within a day and I think were the only ones that had them memorized at the first practice.

Having a set day each week to get certain household chores done.
A flylady idea that helps me keep up with clean sheets, towels, paperwork, coupons, errands, and shopping.

Reading scriptures before starting my day. If I don't do it first thing, it doesn't get done and I know it.

Spending the time to bargain shop. I've been yard saleing all summer and keeping an eye out for good deals and now I have almost all my Christmas shopping done. That will be a great load of stress I don't have to deal with come December. Not to mention the cost of Christmas is spread out over half a year so there is no extra expense during the holidays.

Love notes by text message. Now that we have unlimited texting, it's been fun to send (and receive!) love notes to the handsome hubby at random times during the day.

Now I'm gonna rip up the list of things that don't work, because having a list like that around just doesn't work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment